Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Day 9

I finally finished that damned, damned homework.

My soul feels many pounds lighter since finishing. Now, I just have one more math problem due tomorrow morning, then I'm free for the night. There's a derivation due on Friday that I probably should get a jump on, and I may look at it for a while, but not now.

I still spent most of the day working with Clare, but then had free time by myself which was much needed. I still feel on the edge of a depressive episode, so I shouldn't be alone for much longer I don't think but it was good to recharge.

I had to wash my backpack today; I spilled coffee full of milk and sugar all over it. Even just two hours after the spill the bag started to smell so I put it in the washer. Now it smells delicious, but I forgot to empty a pocket so I lost a pad and some panty liners in the process.

I've also been listening to the song "The Weight of Living (Parts I & II") all afternoon. It's been stuck in my head and I really like the build of the song, and the way the words come together.

In Part 1, there's a part that goes

"All the things you've said, and all the things you've done,
Can you carry it with no regrets, can you stand the person you've become"

Which, not gonna lie, is a pretty downer line, but I think it's important to keep in mind, and I'm really just feeling it today.

Part 1 also heavily features an albatross, which I just learned was a bird and not a mythical creature.

The albatross is a good omen that brings guidance.

Right now that's all I know, but there's a poem called "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" that this is based off of, and I want to read it. In fact, I have the poem copied out onto a word document, and I just need to print it out to read and annotate. It's 9 pages in total, even after making each page two columns. I'll print it front and back, but that's still a fair amount of paper. Oh well.

An albatross would also be an interesting tattoo.

Along the way of me really just procrastinating doing math problems, I found the quote "Courage, dear heart" by CS Lewis, which is now on the quote board, and in my head. Love.

Speaking of single words, Trump infuriates me. Just everything he does. It's making me more politically involved, but wow being angry all the time takes a lot of energy.

I'll try to read that poem tonight since I really don't have that much work for tomorrow; we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment