Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hello 2017 (Spring Semester)

Right off the bat, yes, I know that 2017 has already started. I know that I missed saying hello by seventeen days. BUT today is the first day of my spring semester classes, and I'm working pretty hard to try and organize, and generally improve myself. Blogging was not initially part of this plan, but it is important to keep a record of things, and blogging always helps me keep my thoughts together, so why not.

I began this year with a list of resolutions:

  1. Call my parents more. (Self explanatory, really. They raised me, love me and want to see me do well. The least I can do is call more than once a month)
  2. Find out why people's expectations of me scare me so much (This is a lot of the reason that I hold myself back so often. Maybe not in a professional matter, but it's the reason I don't tell people new, personal information about myself. If I think they've already formed an opinion of me, I don't want to change it)
  3. Watch the irony (No one likes a wholly ironic person. I just want to be sure that I do not become that person.)
  4. Tell people how you feel (This is largely related to number two, but it's something I need to specifically remind myself of, because I tend to tell people... only necessary information. It's not healthy for me, and overall just limits the relationships I can form with other people)
  5. Separate stress and anxiety. (They are different things. They often coincide with one another, but they are not inherently the same.)
I see from including descriptions of this list that it seems rather lengthy, but I think I can keep up with this list because they're not just surface issues that I have with myself, but rather things that I know I need to change to function better as a human in society.

As the semester begins, I am organizing my time better. Yes, what a vague and open statement. But really, I am. I started using a website called getplan.co, and I imported my google calendar, and have made myself to-do lists for each of my classes, and give myself times to work on specific tasks.

So far it is definitely making me be more productive, but I need to remember to leave in time to watch youtube videos... funny but true. Leisure time would be a better way to put it.

This is just an introduction, and I'll be back later tonight for an actual post about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment